Mobee is looking for a QA Engineer to join our small but growing team. The ideal candidate will have a sharp eye for detail and a passion for delivering high quality software. We need a strong QA tester that will explore the deep, dark corners of our mobile and data collection platforms to find the defects that elude our engineers. We are looking for someone who not only loves testing, but also loves understanding our users’ needs, improving our business, and working within the craziness of a startup environment. This person has the technical chops to validate both our data and APIs, as well as the coding skills to help automate away the repetitive tasks of everyday testing.
Essential Skills/Requirements for Success:
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Strong understanding of white, gray and black box testing methods
- Proficient in manual and exploratory testing of native mobile applications on both iOS and Android platforms
- Strong SQL knowledge / experience validating databases
- Experience testing APIs and working with JSON, SOAP and other protocols
- Knowledge of test case management systems such as Zephyr or TestRail
- Knowledge of risk assessment and management techniques
- Strong ability to work well with engineers, product managers, and business teams to clarify and sharpen the understanding of the features we build
- Solid grasp of how to test effectively within an agile development process
- Pragmatic mindset and ability to focus on what is important
- Drive/passion/hunger to build a successful product and company
Things that Will Really Catch Our Eye:
- Experience coding mobile automated tests using tools such as Appium
- Experience with remote access testing services such as AWS Device Farm or Perfecto Mobile
- Experience managing crowdsourced testing or working with remote teams
Where You Will Focus First:
- Ensuring newly-created mobile apps for our customers are delivered with a high level of quality
- Raising the quality of our existing systems to a higher level
- Working with the engineering team to design & build an automated testing framework
- Establishing, measuring and reporting on system quality metrics
Mobee is seeking motivated and intellectually curious individuals to help us build the future of crowd sourced offline data collection. You’ll be part of an amazing team helping to shape the way that Retailers, Brands, Investment Managers and others are capitalizing on Mobee’s powerful platform to gain rapid and strategic insights into their businesses.
Mobee has built the highest rated “crowdsourced intelligence” platform to help clients gain real-time visibility at the retail store level. Our “swarm” of hundreds of thousands of “bees,” field agents with Mobee app-enabled iPhones & Androids, can be mobilized in minutes & begin collecting real-time data generating valuable operational insights for brands, retailers & asset managers, all while earning rewards for visiting retailers in their own neighborhood. Come join a top-notch team looking to disrupt multi-billion dollar markets. Help shape the company’s direction and technologies as we look to double in size over the next year.
How to Apply:
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know what makes you the perfect fit for this role and share with us your resume and anything else that tells us more about who you are and what you do (GitHub, Stack Overflow, etc.). You must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are currently unable to sponsor employment visas.