Mobee is looking for a software engineer to join our small but growing team. We are looking for a strong full stack Java developer with professional experience building web and mobile applications. The right candidate will be a motivated engineer who cares about building both pragmatic and elegant solutions for complex business problems. This is a great opportunity to both solve some fun technical problems too while helping to build our growing business. You will be directly responsible for implementing new features and APIs that support our web and mobile applications.
Essential Skills/Requirements for Success:
- 2-5 years relevant professional software engineering experience
- Server-side programming expertise, particularly with frameworks such as Java, Rails, and/or PHP
- Good understanding of REST API design
- Good SQL coding skills, particularly with MySQL
- Solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals: OOD/OOP, algorithms, data structures
- Pragmatic mindset and ability to focus on what is important
- Drive/passion/hunger to build a successful product and company
Things That Will Really Catch Our Eye:
- Practical experience building Android applications
- Practical experience with Domain Driven Design
- Passion for strong testing practices
- Implementation of continuous delivery practices
Where You Will Focus First:
- Building components of our next-generation mobile APIs
- Coding new features for our internal/customer facing web-applications
- Creating new customer-facing APIs
Mobee is seeking motivated and intellectually curious individuals to help us build the future of crowd sourced offline data collection. You’ll be part of an amazing team helping to shape the way that Retailers, Brands, Investment Managers and others are capitalizing on Mobee’s powerful platform to gain rapid and strategic insights into their businesses.
Mobee has built the highest rated “crowdsourced intelligence” platform to help clients gain real-time visibility at the retail store level. Our “swarm” of hundreds of thousands of “bees,” field agents with Mobee app-enabled iPhones & Androids, can be mobilized in minutes & begin collecting real-time data generating valuable operational insights for brands, retailers & asset managers, all while earning rewards for visiting retailers in their own neighborhood. Come join a top-notch team looking to disrupt multi-billion dollar markets. Help shape the company’s direction and technologies as we look to double in size over the next year.
How to Apply:
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know what makes you the perfect fit for this role and share with us your resume and anything else that tells us more about who you are and what you do (GitHub, Stack Overflow, etc.). You must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are currently unable to sponsor employment visas.